Re: My baby's back! - Gear reduction starters

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My baby's back! - Gear reduction starters
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:35:49 -0800 (PST)
> reduction starter is on sale for $249.95, but
> knowing them it is probably
> made in China.

Meant to mention this - there is a machinist in town
that I use a great deal for work prototype stuff, and
I showed him some trashed gears from a tach drive that
was made in China.  He commented that he absolutely
will not accept any tools, bits, raw material from
China or India due to past experience.  He DID say
that stuff from Taiwan was actually pretty good,
though.  This guys is no zealot, just a mom and pop
shop who can't afford the downtime/rework (can't
afford to buy the cheapest stuff?).
Do You Yahoo!?