Re: emergency brake

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: emergency brake
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:15:58 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Glen,  I know my name ain't Frank but you sent the message to me anyway, so.
What I did was shorten the cable (not for the faint of heart), heat the end
with a torch till the solder in the end melts and push the fitting futher up
the cable.  Then remove the little cone from the end of the cable, cut off
the amount of cable you want it shorter by and force the cone back in the
middle of the cable so it is inside the fitting and resolder.  Like I said
not for the faint of heart, but worked for me.  The only place you can put a
"slack adjuster" is in the tunnel.  The one I had turned and was rubbing on
the driveshaft. , so if you go that way watch out for that.
            Crash