Re: Progress Report - Erratic Idle

To: hubbard@idir.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Progress Report - Erratic Idle
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 07:39:09 EST
In a message dated 1/21/00 10:48:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hubbard@idir.net writes:

<< It's got a real uneven
 forceful pop out the exhaust and sounds nasty in the engine compartment
 too.

 I guess that would explain my poor running, but I don't understand it.
 Was running ok until I changed the throttle plates in the carburetors >>

Philip:

I keep thinking timing chain since about everything else has been eliminated,
but it seems like that wouldn't center on changing throttle plates to screw
up.  How long since a new timing chain and/or sprockets (if they are real
sharp and pointed they are worn) have been changed out?

--David C.