Re: Progress Report - Actual Progress

To: Philip Hubbard <hubbard@idir.net>
Subject: Re: Progress Report - Actual Progress
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 20:17:59 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Philip,

Just a side not regarding tappet clearance.  While "loud" MAY mean loose, it
also affects cam timing.... or more accurately, the point at which valves
opens.   In this case it is actually delaying (retarding) valve opening.  Which
adds to potential top speed but reduces acceleration.  Inversely, less clearance
works just the opposite; increases acceleration, reduces top end.

WFO Herb
Keep the sticky side down!