RE: MGA movie sighting - now old london problem

To: "'James H. Nazarian, Ph.D.'" <microdoc@apk.net>, "Albert F Jones" <fisher@hctc.net>
Subject: RE: MGA movie sighting - now old london problem
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 09:05:44 -0500charset=iso-8859-1
Cc: "Bud Krueger" <bkrueger@ici.net>, "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>, "'Brad Fornal'" <toyman@htcomp.net>, "Larry Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>, "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Yes, that was me.  But no, that wasn't her (in the car, I mean).  That was
an awful ordeal.  The end result of that story is quite interesting by the
way.  She was not _kissed_,  she was forcibly kissed and groped.  Two
different things entirely.  On the suggestions of the people on these lists,
my GF did go to the London police and file a report.  Not charges,  just a
report.  Sort of a one sided official record of an occurance.  When the
gentleman found out (I called him, and told him next time we would press
charges),  he was not happy and made a few threats over the course of a
week.  When the police called my GF to follow up,  she told them about the
threats.  We heard nothing from him since then.  We found out later (through
a mutual acquaintance) that a few off-duty constables stopped by his place
and explained in very clear terms that if anything happened to her,  there
would be very unofficial consequences.  She is now safe, and back in the
states for good.  She is actually looking for a job, like I was a few months
back.

This reminds me to thank all the people on the lists who offered me advise
in that time when it was difficult to think clearly.  The insights into the
British system were invaluable when deciding a couse of action.  And a few
people overseas did actually suggest that the constables would do exactly
what they did.

THIS ALSO IS PART OF THE BEAUTY OF THIS LIST.  And yes,  I actually feel
special that I'm a part of it.  Warts and all.  You are all becoming like an
extended family.  I wouldn't be able to say that if we only talked brakes,
trannys, and wheel bearings.

Mike