Group Parts Purchases..?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Group Parts Purchases..?
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 14:24:21 -0800
I'm getting started on fixing up a '70 MG Midget.  Over the next few months,
I will be buying the following new items for my car.  I imagine that other
people on this list need to buy some of the same items.  Perhaps we could go
to some of the prominent vendors of these Items and negotiate a discount on
some of the items if we agree to purchase several at the same time.  I don't
want to make any money doing this, but saving money means I can buy more
toys for my car!

Things that I need:

New Splined Hubs and Wire Wheels
A five speed transmission conversion.  (I've already got the 210
transmission)

An aluminum cylinder head (Pierce Manifolds sell 10 bare aluminum cylinder
heads for $4500)
or
Maybe we could negotiate something with APT to have our cylinder heads
tricked out...

A Mallory Unilite Electronic Distributor
Pistons, Rings, Rod/Main bearings etc. etc etc.
A new Cross Flow Radiator (A GOOD one-- not some cheap piece of junk that is
going to leak in two years!)
A Death Ray

Let me know what you are interested in and I'll float the idea by the
vendors.

Curt Onstott - Crop and Soil Science Computing Admin
  Oregon State University. - (541) 737-5875 - Office: CrpS 153b
                    http://www.css.orst.edu/curt
No, life IS a contest.  Perhaps it doesn't FEEL like a contest to YOU
                because I WON so long ago.  -Voorhis
  '70 MG Midget    '75 Jaguar XJ6     '95 Specialized RockHopper