Fuel lines and stuff

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel lines and stuff
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 15:52:44 EST
List,

I know the USA can be a hot country in parts but I can't understand all this
stuff about moving the fuel line and vapour lock etc.

I would have thought that running the fuel line under the car is ok for
everyone apart from anyone doing a lot of dirt track or gravel road driving.

If the fuel is getting hot in the pipes then it might benefit from being
sleeved in suitable heat reflective jacket.

I would have though though that the fuel is getting hot once the fuel pipe
enters the engine bay and if necessary the fuel can be passed through a
conventional radiator - small size oil cooler type.  All of this is a
complete waste of time thought if the air getting to the carb is hot OR the
inlet manifold is hot.  I have said lots of times here and on the BBS that
the best solution is to have the inlet manifold coated with a thermal barrier
- it makes a BIG difference.

My two pounds worth (and worth every penny IMHO)

Daniel1312