1275 engine price?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1275 engine price?
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 22:50:28 EST
Hi listers.

I realize prices can be somewhat regional, and subjective, but I am looking
for a good 1275 engine to rebuild and put in my bugeye (now has a 1098)  a
local recycling (read junk) yard has a few, but i'm not sure what condition.
I could turn none of them by hand, but didn't try a socket wrench.  all are
missing carbs, distributors, some missing flywheels, some missing most or all
of the smog control air pump, etc.  My question is, what should one pay for
something like this, or should I walk away and keep looking?  What is the
going price for a running 1275?

TIA for any input.

John
'61 Bugeye