spriteus-lackus! saabus-neatus!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: spriteus-lackus! saabus-neatus!
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 03:40:05 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
ok enough requests.  i have no scanner , dont know what to do with one?
but!  last year at import carlisle i was in attendance with my saab 750gt
powered sports racer and a fellow took some pictures and posted hem at this
web site.  http://members.xoom.com/Mjollnir9/c99.htm  .  you can see the gas
tanks at the front of both rocker aereas.  my father sold this car in 1969
and i bought back 3/4's of the original frame and some junk.  what was left
after a number of years of drive line and body changes.  it is now back to
it's original configuration as my father drove it in 1967..   all the
restoration was done here in my 1 car garage!
no bellyaching about"i can't do that", i do not have the room!  you can do
anything you put your mind to !  and if you think spridget parts are hard to
locate just try looking for late 1950's saab parts!  it took a number of
years of parts hunting before it looked like i could even do the project.
let alone start doing it!

1967 scca h-modified sports racer. h-mod was (untill 1968) a 750cc max
displacement class.  hotly contested on west coast , moreso than east coast.
dyna panhard(2 cyl). saab and dkw 3 cyl. 2 strokes, triumph and bmw
motorcycle engines, crosley and a few other drive lines and engines (fiat
too) , were the more popular power plants.  there were few factory built
cars running, mostly home built or highly modified (lightened) production
cars. bandini's, bizarini's, crosley hot shots(wierd but true!), were among
popular cars from then in h-mod. class.  very few examples of this class car
are left remaining today due to their frequent modifications for the next
years rules in scca racing, and eventual discard because of eventually being
no longer competitive against more modern technology.

i apologise for bombing the list with this stuff but to reply to all of the
requests about what was it, i was refering to would have taken an eternity.
vintage racing is very importaint to me since that was where i was as a
child.  it was a "normal" existance i thought .  i now realise that i was
very lucky in car terms  to have grown up around stuff you can only read
about having happened now.

ok gang!  enough.
chuck.
larry, you saw my garage.  it is not that big?  is it? or was it the little
car sitting in it that made it look big?