lbc? YES!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: lbc? YES!
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 23:12:25 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
check out ebay item# 253445179 .  look at the photograph on the video
cassette box!  THAT IS MY SPRITE!  the photograph was taken in washingto
d.c. on pennsylvania ave. in 1962.  it was take by a staff photographer for
the washington post, to be used as a photograph to acompany an article about
the 1962 SCCA national convention in washington.  the driver of the jaguar
is ace rosner, well known in d.c. aerea for his knowledge in jaguars.   in
the bugeye is my car's original owner david roethel.  you can see the roll
bar silouette through the car's convertible top's rear window looking
through from the front.  david was the d.c. region exec. director and now,
still very active serving as the region's historian.   he bought my '59 new
in '61 and was racing it within a week after it was purchased.   it saw
street use and was raced untill 1964 by david when he and it parted company.
i found it in deleware water gap new jersey in '74 with a 3" tree growing
through the right floor. the rest is history!   lol!

i have a copy of the video!  the racing is fun to watch!  but, the photo has
nothing to do with the video's contents!  velocity vision sent me a copy of
the video since my car was depicted on the cover.  that was about 10 years
ago.  the folks at motorhead helped me track down ace rosner and ace
identified david's car.  that led me to david and a positive identification
of the car through the color change to white and a few specific technical
notes about changes to the car(wich all matched his description)including
the roll bar's design and specific mounting through the rear deck.

chuck.