Re: New Purchase, cont'd

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <RBHouston@aol.com>
Subject: Re: New Purchase, cont'd
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 00:05:28 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Ooops.  Further consiltation of "Original Sprite & Midget" also confrmed
that the panel rheostat was not added until '72.

One item I noticed which provided me with some relief was the notation about
how in the Midget Mark III years the old steering column was replaced with
one that was energy absorbing and collapsable.  I guess that means that it
only goes a couple of inches into your chest in an accident, instead of all
the way through.  Has anyone had any experience (hopefully not personally)
with the collapsing rack?  Does it actually save lives?  Or was it as safe
as the "anti-burst" door handles?

> > That there is a glovebox
> not in a 66 I believe...unless you count the boot....
>
> Robert

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite