Re: Early cooling fans

To: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Early cooling fans
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 10:03:45 -0600
Cc: Doug Ingram <dougi@home.com>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>

>  So, some people swear their car is original, but once it left the factory,
> the final customer did not get the same car that left England.

So true...Discovered that the original owner raced Cosmo in a variety of events
in the
norteast Oklahoma area and then retired him after he rear ended a tow truck.
Next owner was a Cadillac mechanic and perfectionist. He put most of the miles
and took the
excellent care of the car that make Cosmo such a good car today. He told me
that he
insisted on the finest original parts he could get...on a weekly basis. Him and
his young
bride struggled into the management and then vice presidency of the dealership
and Cosmo
was....not politically correct for the Cadillac image. He did do a refurbish
around 1975
that cosmetically took some originality out of the old beast. It is nice to be
able to
drive over to the man's house who owned Cosmo for
30 years and learn the odd quirk or learn the history of why I found an earring
in the
boot. I like original as much as the next guy...especially when it helps the
functional fun
of the car. Hmmm....Nice day out. I think I'm gonna go for a little drive.
Bruce Lowry
Feelin' kinda' Zen today!