Re: on the road again... a few questions.

To: fisher@hctc.net, maine2me@yahoo.com, wmgilroy@lucent.com, DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: on the road again... a few questions.
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 16:04:17 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/8/00 10:31:30 AM Eastern Standard Time, fisher@hctc.net
writes:

<<  the last time I saw an English barman/maid pouring
 a shandy it was half beer and half English lemonade - a fizzy drink rather
 like a 7 Up or similar.  >>

When I was in Edinborough a couple of years ago, Beer Shandies were very
popular because of the drunk driving laws being strict in Scotland.  A way to
drink and dilute the alcohol.  Yuk--what a way!!  However, when I was much
younger and would have a tough morning after a night of carousing, I would
drink a beer/tomato juice half and half mixture. It was pretty good, but I
wouldnt want it for anything except medicinal purposes.  <G>

--David C.