Re: Parts washer solution

To: Geoff Branch <branch@valinet.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parts washer solution
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 06:16:52 -0800 (PST)
You can use straight Simple Green. just rinse your
parts first. (as per the directions on the bottle)
I've used it multiple times and I find that it works
pretty well for a bio friendly product. I just try to
remove any heavy grease/dirt with a rag or putty knife
first.

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.

--- Geoff Branch <branch@valinet.com> wrote:
> I just purchased a parts washer for my shop and now
> am confused as to what sort
> of stuff to put in it for to clean parts with.  The
> parts book says not to use
> mineral spirits, but the concentrate at the auto
> parts store says to mix
> with...you got it...mineral spirits.  There is a
> water based concentrate, but I
> have a hard time believing that it will
> work...water/grease...they just don't go
> together in my simple mind.  Also the water based
> stuff has to be heated up, and
> I need 20 gals of  it and don't want to be boiling
> it in the lobster pot.
> Anyone out there got any suggestions??
>
> Geoff Branch
> '74 Meejut "Yellow Peril"