Re: Disk Brake Conversion

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Disk Brake Conversion
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:14:01 -0600
List,
I'm happy to report that after getting list advice yesterday on my
disk brake conversion, I am back to the point I was Saturday night.
I'm ready to mount the calipers and attached the brake line.

As several on the list suggested, I did have the stub axle assembly
mounted backwards. Usually I just wing a lot of repairs without looking
at the book, but this time I carefully studied a couple of parts
catalogues before putting any parts on the car. And wouldn't you
know, both Moss and Mini-Mania give the wrong impression! Neither
clearly identifies the front of the car, but the implications are
wrong.

So thanks again, I'll finish the project in the next couple of days.
It usually takes at least an hour before the wood stove gets the
garage warm enough to work comfortably, so I don't' get out there
unless I have a totally free evening.
Bob