Re: Peggy's starter

To: bohler@hooked.net
Subject: Re: Peggy's starter
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 12:15:32 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/13/00 2:34:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

<< >Now we can just go by the numbers and not have to type a question......
 >My question is -
 >#4......way to smile when your LBC is not driveable?  :o(
 >Both of ours are down........one needs a starter and the other a
 >clutch......woe is me......
 >(for the first part of the question see #4 below).
 >Keep Smiling Folks!!
 >Peggy >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Peggy,

I just got a rebuilt Lucas starter for my Midget from www.carparts.com
for less than $30.00.  I went on their site and noticed a spot to "sign
up" so I did.  In a few minutes I got an e-mail thanking me and offering
a 33% discount on my first order of up to $300.

They don't have the huge selection that Moss and VB offer, but they
are similar to Advance Auto, only mail order.  I received the starter after
only one mis-shipment.

I just received another e-mail with a 20% discount this time.  This
place may be good for some parts, but remember, YMMV.  If you
need tech help, stick with the good guys like Peter C. at Worldwide,
Ed at JustBrits, George Merryweather, et al.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport