Re: radiators

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: radiators
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 22:02:17 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank,

Thanks for the input. I think I have discovered that the crossflow I
have has the inlet and outlet stubs moved to the same relative
position as would be on the downflow.  This would solve the hose
problem, but not necessarily the shroud differences nor the fit
between engine and rad. It also creates the problem of having no
drain tap. Is there another way to drain the collant system? Is there
a drain for the engine?

Any idea what a re-core should run?

Jeff

---
On 2/15/00, Frank Clarici wrote:
>Jeff Boatright wrote:
>
> >radiators
>
>Jeff, The cross flow will fit the 65 but like Larry said, you need the
>cross over pipe and the 3 hoses unique to the cross flow system.
>I believe Ron figured out that both rads cooled the same. I know he sent
>all kinds of figures to the list when this subject came up last month.
>
>All in all, I side with Larry's advice, go for the recore, and if you
>do, go for the more modern 4 core instead of 3. (or is that 3 instead of
>2?)

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.molvis.org/molvis