electronic ignition

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: electronic ignition
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:24:42 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Yesterday my electronic ignition failed for the second time.  I got the
Crane Cams 3000 unit when a lister noted they had a sale.  The original was
a 'rebuilt' one at a great price.  When it failed after two weeks, they were
very good about replacing it with a 'new' one.  I'm sure they will do right
by me this time too, as the replacement is only a few weeks old also.

What I want to know is what the hell is up?  I've noticed that several
listers have mentioned having EI and then converting back to points.  Are
these things hopelessly destined to fail or am I just very unlucky?  Is
anyone out there using a unit with no problems for a long period of
ime?( more than two weeks)
                            Thanks, Glen Byrns