Re: 1275cc engine questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1275cc engine questions
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 00:44:36 EST
In a message dated 2/17/00 8:28:44 AM, Metallian6@aol.com writes:

<< Hi list. Is the 1275 a very dependable engine? How dose it compare with
the
1098 on reliability? I know the 1275 has more power which is nice but I am
looking at how reliable it is to make my decision on which one I will drop
into my 1962 Sprite. Also I want the lists view on the compatibility and
reliability of my original smooth case tranny with the 1098 and 1275. It only
has 72,000 original miles on it and appears to be in very good condition yet.
Very little to no play in the shafts inside the caseing and still very clean
inside. Thanks in advance. >>

Hi Jamie,

We have never run a 1098 but have been very pleased with the 1275.  Am not
sure that there is any real dependability differences in any of the A series
engines on a month by month bases.  Do think that the 1275 will go more miles
before a rebuild than a 948.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV indiguise)
1966(7) Sprite Mk III (in progress)