Re: Birthday Car

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Birthday Car
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 00:44:38 EST
In a message dated 2/17/00 6:11:22 AM, spritenut@exit109.com writes:

<< Bkitterer@aol.com wrote:
>  You do not want to be out on the streets
> after the first rains in So. Calif.  The rains lift the oil accumulated on
> the pavement from months of dry weather and turns the surfaces into
something
> similar to sheet ice.  Almost everyone forgets and so it's like bumper cars
> out there.

I just happened to be out there when it rained (Anaheim)
I believe it is the So Cal drivers and not the rain. I had no troubles
driving on wet roads. It was a blast to watch alot of others playing
bumper cars though.
Kind of like New Yorkers (long Islanders) driving in the snow.
EEE-HAH! >>

That is about right.  Most of the freeways have grooved pavement now which
really helps but too many folks are still going to fast for the conditions.
Also it is just the first good rain of the year that is the big problem.  LA
has had some rain but here in SD we just got our first real rain, almost an
inch.  Besides what do you mean you were in Anaheim and did not give us a
call or stop by.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV indiguise)
1966(7) Sprite Mk III (in progress)