Re: Plates. Was: Electronic Non-ignition, PLUS need plate ideas

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Plates. Was: Electronic Non-ignition, PLUS need plate ideas
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 18:41:10 -0600
Cc: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Charles D. Sorkin" wrote:

> PS:   I just got a letter in the mail from the NJ DMV, with my antique
> registration application for the Sprite.  (They're having a sale on fees!)
> I need suggestions for the custom plates.  The car is white in areas where
> the paint remains, and hopefully will be running very shortly.

        I like mine: "MCMLXIX." Curiously, everyone who sees it thinks it's
very original. I suppose they forgot about the civilization that
vanished so I could have an elitist symbol of pride on a $1500 car...
Also, it seems to separate people into distinct groupings. Those who
instantly know what number it is and what it refers to are usually scary
people. Those who ask if I'm Scottish are even more scary!

--

MCMLXIX Sprite: Driving a slow car quickly.
1987 RX-7 TII: Driving a fast car slowly.

-