Re: Day 3... success at last!

To: "Gerard Chateauvieux" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Day 3... success at last!
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 08:50:33 -0500
Congrats on getting it running. THose O rings can be a pain.

THe brass fitting is for the vacuum advance (or is it retard?) on the
dizzy. The stock install uses 2 rubber L boots, one at each end, and a
hard plastic line from the carb/manifold to the dizzy advance unit.
Usually routed along the front of the engine along the top of the
thermostat housing. There should be a clamp like doohickey on one of the
theremostat housing bolts that holds it in place.

Larry

>The one thing I haven't been able to figure out is where the 1/4 or 3/8
>inch vacuum connection on bottom-manifold side of the carb goes. This is a
>brass pipe that is angle down and toward  the front of the car. Is that a
>purge line? For now I just capped it, but if anyone knows please tell me. I
>can't seem to find any reference to it in the manuals.
>
>Thanks again to everyone for their help getting me through this.
>
>Gerard
>

>G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
> E A
>  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com