Re: new stress reliever technique...

To: Toby.1969ah.1971lc@worldnet.att.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new stress reliever technique...
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 10:22:47 EST
In a message dated 02/19/2000 5:58:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Toby.1969ah.1971lc@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< the receipt:

             1 BIG wet empty parking lot.
             1 Spridget and/or LBC
             50 orange traffic cones.
             and a few friends.

 = instant around the parking lot rally fun. Obviously it wasn't as good as a
 real rally, but it was damn fun anyhow. The Sprite performed well even with
 stock suspension and almost bald tires!

 We had a blast all afternoon until mall security showed up. Then the guy
 joined us in the around the lot rally and we lapped him and his crown
 Victoria several times.

 Great fun, just be and make sure the parking lot is really empty. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Actually, this is called an autocross, or in SCCA, it is Solo II.  There is
probably an SCCA region near you that does this with at least 300 cones, and
they have permission and insurance.

It IS a load of fun, and great driving practice.  (SUVs need not apply.)

Contact the SCCA at www.scca.org for more info.  (In SE PA or Delaware,
contact ME.)

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward