Re: Tires - What about us low boys?

To: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires - What about us low boys?
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:07:04 -0800
I saw a Midget in the Sacramento area that has MGB wire wheels on it.  The
MGB Wire Wheels will  fit on spridget hubs as they have the same spline
pattern, but I would be leery because there is only about two threads
exposed to screw the knock off on to.   Also, some grinding of the front
brake calipers is necessary as they rub the center hub.  If money is no
object,  British Wire Wheel brochures state that they can have custom wire
wheels made to any specification.  When I win the lottery (yeah, right) I
plan on having some 14x6 wire wheels custom made.

I am running 175/60-13 Falken radials on chrome 13x4 rims on my lowered RWA
car.  Clearance if fine unless you hit a bump when turning the front wheels
near full lock.
David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget