Re: Tires - What about us low boys?

To: "Christian Stanton" <cstanton@pixley.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <mrzepkow@rochester.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Tires - What about us low boys?
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:06:09 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I've been seeing recommendations on tire sizes
but everyone speaking is late 70's. That is to say...
higher suspension position and square wheel arches.

What about us CB Spridgets that were lower, and have yet again
been lowered another 1/2" - 1" as well.
I personally have a lowered 73 RWA Midget and am wondering just what will
fit under the well.

I've been looking at 14" knock-off center hubed 8-spoke minilite replicas
with low aspect tires. I'm hearing that a 155 80 13 and a 185 60 14  are
within 11 mm diameter of each other ... roughly a 0.1% speed error at 70 mph

QUESTION: : Will it fit under a Midget wheel well.?

QUESTION: Has anyone ever test fitted an MGB wire wheel onto a
                                Midget?

So even looking at all the tire calculators out there...
How do I know what will fit.

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html