Re: 'leading' bodywork

To: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 'leading' bodywork
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 18:13:07 EST
In a message dated 2/24/2000 6:04:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
grbyrns@ucdavis.edu writes:

<<  Before I
 begin stripping the old paint, I'd like to bone up on the best way to
 'perfect' the metal work.  Is there a good source of info for do-it-yourself
 'leading'? >>

Glen:

I have found the absolute best and most helpful way to go on doing this is to
search out a local high school Vocational shop that offers evening "courses"
to adults in Auto Bodywork.   The beauty of this is that the cost is rarely
above $40 for 6-weeks, you work on your own projects under the tutelege of a
professional, and all the tools are there.  Sometimes State vocational
programs offer these also, but theirs are more directly for the person
training to be a bodyman.   If the program is not overloaded with people, as
they often are, you can maintain enrollment on a non-ending basis.  I can't
do this in the local body shop class, but I could inthe auto mechanics class
where just a couple of tire changes/balances, and certainly a disk brake disk
grinding (done by me on their machinery) would more than pay for the class.

--David