Re: Fuel mileage and performance

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel mileage and performance
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 15:54:13 -0500charset="koi8-r"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> I am getting 38 mpg with PIECES which has a reground cam, not much
> better then stock (reground by a machine shop not a performance cam)
> stock 1275 with stock SUs and a centrifugal dizzy (sometimes). This MPG
> was taken on my trip out to the midwest and was mostly highway speeds.
> It gets real good mileage around town but I never did a check on exactly
> what it gets locally.

I have driven Pieces before, and this car idles SOOOO nice.  I think I could
beat it in a flat out race, but I'm jealous of the general driveability (and
Frank tunes it by ear)!  No timing light or dwell meter for him !  :-)

So it seems that Stock SU's are best for mileage and general drivability.  I
am not surprised.

Les