Re: Fuel mileage and performance

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel mileage and performance
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 23:21:57 EST
We are a little late getting on this item but took a day to find our old auto
logs.  Our oldest log (that I could find) starts at the end of 1962, the car
had just truned over 34,418  miles.  It was still a stock 948 and we used 10
octane leaded fuel.  On the road, with the car loaded to the hilt, we were
getting 35-42 mpg.  This was mostly highway driving.  Communting dropped the
mileage to 26-35 mpg but mostly in the low 30's.  After putting in the stock
1275 in 1968, still using the same fuel, on the road ranged from 29-42 mpg.
The low number was getting through L.A.  Communting was in the 23-30 mpg
range.  In recent times, still a stock 1275 using 92(?) octane unleaded we
have been getting 23-38 mpg in mixed driving.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV indiguise)
1966(7) Sprite Mk III (in progress)