RE: Shipping from Midwest

To: "'Gerard Chateauvieux'" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Shipping from Midwest
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 15:07:53 -0700
Hi Gerard ,
I bought a hardtop for my Bugeye from a guy in California. I had it shipped
by truck to
Colorado. I had to go to the shipping hub in Denver to pick it up. Anyway
the guy who sold
it to me thought he could attach it to a pallet and ship. The trucking Co.
laughed when they saw it.
I ended up paying to have it professionally crated up. That cost about $100
. It was another
$100 to ship it. I paid $300 for the top. All of the rubber was shot. $75
for new neoprene
seals from Bill Bolton . All that plus minor fiberglass repairs, sanding,
paint and new windlace
adds up to the most expensive DHMC hard top in Colorado.
Good luck & be careful !
Mark Hanna