Re: FUEL FILTERS

To: jimrowan@uic.edu, mbelect@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: FUEL FILTERS
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:53:37 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 03/03/2000 7:38:53 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jimrowan@uic.edu writes:

<< I also only buy brand name gas (Mobil, Shell, etc)

Jim,

You don't really think there is any difference in gas of one brand or another
do you?  Trust me, they all have the same ingredients, controlled by Uncle
Sam, and most come out of the same refinery, made from the same Arabic crude.

Probably the only thing you could avoid, other than fueling when the tanker
is dumping, is buying from a low volume seller.  The fuel that sits in the
ground for an extended period will obviously degrade, just like the stuff
sitting in my TR4 that hasn't run in 2 years.

Robert Houston,,,bought fuel, had gas...not the same thing...