Re: ALL LISTERS: Convertible tops

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM
Subject: Re: ALL LISTERS: Convertible tops
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 16:37:54 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, vping@optonline.net
In a message dated 3/3/2000 2:34:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< AHSpares will special order tonneaus with a metal zipper.
 jay F. >>

Brass Zipper is the ONLY way to go on a tonneau guys.  When my zipper burst
on my tonneau, I took it to a local upholstry shop to have it replaced.   The
guy couldnt readily get a brass zipper to replace the original, but he said
he used the plastic zippers on boat covers, etc.  So I told him to go ahead
and install the plastic one.

After a day on the car, the plastic zipper burst open.  I took it back and
they fixed it, then just a few days later, it burst open again--I took it
back again and yet a third time for the same "fix".  The fourth time, the guy
had found a brass zipper that he had hanging in the back of the shop and
installed the brass one in place of the plastic zipper.  That was probably 9
months ago.  Since the brass zipper has been in it has yet to give me a
problem.  MORAL:  PLASTIC ZIPPERS ARE JUNK!!!

--David C.