Re: Bad fuel hoses from MOSS??

To: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re: Bad fuel hoses from MOSS??
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 19:46:43 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I just can't resist. I have to reply.

Bryan Vandiver wrote:

> I had two braded steel lines (with a filter) under the bonnet, both of which I
> obtained from MOSS (6.5", 9.75"). These don't say petroflex, but have a steel
> woven cover, with  'blue' stripes woven in.
> These hoses were purchased new, and were only installed on the car, 6-8 months
> ago. The inside of the hoses apprears to be rotting out, and the rubber has
> become pretty stiff.
> Is this typical???, what kind of fuel line should I be using??

Typical of Moss, yes. typical of REAL fuel line, no.
If it's not Concours, and it must not be if you are using moss *stuff*,
any US, UK, German, Canadian, Italian, or most any but chinese fuel line
works just fine and should last 8-10 years not 8 months like ALL moss
rubber. Boy I wonder if they sell condoms?

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ