SU disassembly

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU disassembly
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 22:05:45 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Dear List:

A couple of questions about HS2 carbs:

Should the "AN" needle be completely smooth along its entire length, or
should the top 1/2" of it be larger where it mounts to the piston?
Where does the needle usually wear?
When reinstalling the needle, should it go all of the way into the piston,
or should the ridge on the upper part be flush with the bottom of the
piston?
Is "AN" the normal mixture needle?

And when reassembling, how do I split the screws that hold the throttle
plate in place?
Which way does the bevel go on the throttle plate?

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com
Bloomfield, NJ

P. S.    How do I get dashpot oil off of my computer keyboard?