Re: SU disassembly

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU disassembly
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 22:20:57 -0800
"Charles D. Sorkin" wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> A couple of questions about HS2 carbs:
>
> Should the "AN" needle be completely smooth along its entire length, or
> should the top 1/2" of it be larger where it mounts to the piston?

It should have a slightly thicker shoulder where it mounts.

> Where does the needle usually wear?

Either along one side of the shaft (rubbing on the jet) or the point
itself.

> When reinstalling the needle, should it go all of the way into the piston,
> or should the ridge on the upper part be flush with the bottom of the
> piston?

Shoulder sits flush with the bottom of the piston.

> Is "AN" the normal mixture needle?

AN is the normal.

> And when reassembling, how do I split the screws that hold the throttle
> plate in place?

Carfully with a thin screwdriver. Use loctite on the screws too. You can
never be too safe.

> Which way does the bevel go on the throttle plate?

Um, isn't it beveled on the top on one side and the bottom on the other?
I don't have one in front of me.

> P. S.    How do I get dashpot oil off of my computer keyboard?
Have a cat lick it up.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ