'67 Sprite For Sale in Raleigh NC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: '67 Sprite For Sale in Raleigh NC
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 00 15:27:35 EST
  Got a call from a local foreign car mechanic looking to help
a customer sell a car.  He said the engine has been "warmed over"
but didn't give any real details other than a lightened flywheel
and it "goes like the clappers".
  He did say it supposedly has $10k invested; but the guy is asking
for $5k and might take a little less.  I took a quick look at the
car and, while it's a nice car, IMHO it doesn't look worth that
unless just the fact that it's a '67 Sprite makes it worth a lot.
  Interior is nice except for mediocre dashboard paint and no
console (Did '67s have one?).  Nice, green w/white piping seat
upholstery, reasonably good carpet.
  Exterior is pale yellow.  Basically solid and straight, but has
rust coming through at the bottom of the right hand door post (is
that the 'A' pillar?), a bit on that rocker, and rust in the right
rear fender bottom.  Looks like it might have a little bondo in
the left rocker.  He has bulged the rear fenders a bit to clear
the tires.  Did a decent, unobtrusive job; did not roll the lips.
  Top and windows are very good.  Some kind of heavy cloth material,
not a vinyl top.
  When he painted the engine compartment he also sprayed over the
shocks.  Otherwise looks okay.  I saw a cast aluminum valve cover,
headers and what looks like a non-stock (large diameter) distributor.
  Suspension has been lowered.  Has the offset rear springs to clear
wide tires.  -Appears- to have a rear swaybar.  I couldn't get far
enough under to see for sure, but saw a pair of heim-joints hanging
down about where I'd look for end links.  Mechanic said it has the
delrin(plastic) bushings up front.  Lever type shocks; stiff in the
rear and dead up front.  There's a panhard rod laying in the trunk.
  Very nice Minotaur brand (Minilite lookalike) wheels with mediocre
brand tires in good shape (Falken) in 175/70x13.
  Good bumpers, with chrome override bar in front.  Luggage rack on
decklid.  Overall 'look' is like a nice, stock car with mag wheels.
  Located in Raleigh NC
    FWIW...
      Ed in NC :-)