Re: Oil pressure relief spring/ball

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, richard.hill@sri.com
Subject: Re: Oil pressure relief spring/ball
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:06:25 -0800 (PST)
Rich,

40 psi when warm sounds pretty good to me.

On my completely rebuilt 1275, pressure starts out at 80psi cold, and once it's
'hot', my pressure will actually drop to between 30-40psi at idle. At cruising
speed, my pressure usually stays in the 60+psi range when warm. Also, the
viscosity of the oil makes a big difference. If you are using the recommended
20w-50, the clod pressure will be a lot higher than if you used 10w-30.

 - Bryan