Re: Mini Mania Swap Meet

To: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mini Mania Swap Meet
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:12:26 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
David,
I actually went to a larger bore slave. This was an attempt to try and
relieve some of the force being placed on the pressure plate. My original
problem was that the engine would bog down when the clutch was depressed.
Rivergate suggested that it was overdriving the clutch and that I should
change from the Datsun slave to a larger Spridget slave. They suggested the
1" 1275 slave but I installed the 7/8" 948 slave because I had a good one on
the shelf. The change helped some but the engine still bogs down a little
when the clutch is depressed. If I press it all the way to the floor I also
get a squeal from the clutch. I'm going to try a 1" 1275 slave as soon as I
get the chance.

Glad to hear that the manifold cured at least one problem.

Larry