Now for the good times!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Now for the good times!
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 10:55:28 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks to many on the list and many nights in the garage, the bugeye is
ready for the end of winter.

The windshield is in (much list advice), the cockpit is trimmed all around
(last piece from a list member),  crossflow cools great ( three different
list members to thank), the crank is crankin, the valves are valvin', and
the pistons, well they're working too.

Time to use up all that extra vacation time cruising the backroads in style.

Thanks to the list, one and all.  I now realize that if you set out to
restore one of these cars and are unaware of this group, you will waste a
lot of money, screw up a lot(more), and burn many wasted calories doing
things the hard way.  For the last twenty years, whenever I got nostalgic
for LBC's, I thought it would be better to drive down the freeway splashing
water in my face every few miles and tossing twenty dollar bills out the
window.  I was wrong.  The real thing is much better.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 Bugeye