Re: New York Times MG article

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New York Times MG article
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:11:43 -0500
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
No her problems are mostly at a stop light. We went driving about 40
miles last Sat and she only killed the car 3 times at stops. Then she
killed it 6 times trying to go 4 feet - into the parking space in front
of my house. ;-)

Larry

Is that article on the net??

At this exact moment in time 3/24/00 9:54 AM, cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com made
the profound statement:

>Larry Macy wrote:
>
>> Well Mike - in this country Driving IS a privilege. It is and has never
>> been a right. On the other hand, as you say it is far too easier to get a
>> license. This is pretty important to me at the moment as I have a 16 y/o
>> daughter with a learners permit. She has had driving training and passed.
>> She could walk in the testing place and get her license today, but I will
>> no let her. Driving is NOT her right. It is a privilege and she can earn
>> it with more practice. And proof that she will be a safe defensive driver
>> on the road outside the apt complex we live in.
>>

>C'mon Larry, give your daughter a break...
>
>She couldn't possible have any parallel parking difficulties with the Midget
>now, could she?  I wonder what the obnoxious testing clerks will say when
>they are forced to get in for the road evaluation?
>

>Any way...   John Twist made the front page of the Auto section of the New
>York Times today, with an article headlined:  "MG's Faithful Get Hopes Up
>Again."  He's got his '80 MGB and his '54 MGTF in the picture.
>
>Regards,
>
>Charles
>'74 Midget
>'68 SPrite