TERMINAL ILLNESS

To: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: TERMINAL ILLNESS
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 19:58:23 -0600
I am afraid that I have an illness similar to what Frank Clarici
suffers. You see 2 months ago I had a very important appointment in
Mississippi. At that appointment I became the owner of a 1960 Bugeye'd
Sprite. So why did I go up to Mesquite Texas today and buy a 65
Sprite?!?! This is incurable I tell you, I am certain that I will be
hearing about new ordinances in my town soon, on a very personal level
<G> I just can't help myself, I love these little cars <B'rG> FWIW, it
is sky blue (was BRG) and the paint is fair, I will try to polish it out
tomorrow. The only rust I have seen so far is on the right A pillar and
some pinholes in the left footwell. It had a brand new top on it but it
is black, I will trade it with the white one on the 65 BRG Midget that I
have. I had to remove all the shag carpet that was in it (must have been
a period requirement) it was a nasty brown that went with the brownish
tan panel set. I think that I will trade these with the black ones that
I made for the Midget as I think the brownish tan will go well with the
BRG exterior. The seats are the original ones (black with white piping)
that have good covers but they are worn (not torn). One seat base is
quite rusty at the back area, anyone have one good base that they would
be willing to sell?? Anyway, on to the engine. It is a 1275 that smokes
like John Wayne on a bad movie set. The engine is out and on the floor
so I am going to pull the head and oil pan and see what the ring ridge
and the rod bearings look like. I hope to put this thing together as
easily as possible. I am not planning on a complete restoration as yet,
just want to get it on the road and sell the Midget, someone else can
tackle the rust ( I have 1/2 the panels needed to fix it). BTW there was
a Chicago buyer that was interested in the car that called only 5
minutes after the seller and I agreed on the final price, which Gerard,
was not the $1500 that he originally asked <BF'nG> I hope the Chicago
person was not a list member!! So Frank, I am getting close to you in
LBC's, you better go check out those three bugeyes to hold you reign as
Sovereign of Spridget ownership ;^)  Later all,

Brad (kinda sick but not too interested in a cure) Fornal