Re: TERMINAL ILLNESS

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>, Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TERMINAL ILLNESS
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 20:25:04 -0800
Brad,

I think this is one virus that IS spread via email... I think we all caught
it from Frank... or somebody on this list...'-) I guess I'm responsible for
this one though, eh?...(yikes). I think I'm getting cured by my last two
projects though...

Gerard

At 7:58 PM -0600 3/25/00, Brad Fornal wrote:
>I am afraid that I have an illness similar to what Frank Clarici
>suffers. You see 2 months ago I had a very important appointment in
>Mississippi. At that appointment I became the owner of a 1960 Bugeye'd
>Sprite. So why did I go up to Mesquite Texas today and buy a 65
>Sprite?!?! This is incurable I tell you, I am certain that I will be
>hearing about new ordinances in my town soon, on a very personal level
><G> I just can't help myself, I love these little cars <B'rG> FWIW, it
>is sky blue (was BRG) and the paint is fair, I will try to polish it out
>tomorrow. The only rust I have seen so far is on the right A pillar and
>some pinholes in the left footwell. It had a brand new top on it but it
>is black, I will trade it with the white one on the 65 BRG Midget that I
>have. I had to remove all the shag carpet that was in it (must have been
>a period requirement) it was a nasty brown that went with the brownish
>tan panel set. I think that I will trade these with the black ones that
>I made for the Midget as I think the brownish tan will go well with the
>BRG exterior. The seats are the original ones (black with white piping)
>that have good covers but they are worn (not torn). One seat base is
>quite rusty at the back area, anyone have one good base that they would
>be willing to sell?? Anyway, on to the engine. It is a 1275 that smokes
>like John Wayne on a bad movie set. The engine is out and on the floor
>so I am going to pull the head and oil pan and see what the ring ridge
>and the rod bearings look like. I hope to put this thing together as
>easily as possible. I am not planning on a complete restoration as yet,
>just want to get it on the road and sell the Midget, someone else can
>tackle the rust ( I have 1/2 the panels needed to fix it). BTW there was
>a Chicago buyer that was interested in the car that called only 5
>minutes after the seller and I agreed on the final price, which Gerard,
>was not the $1500 that he originally asked <BF'nG> I hope the Chicago
>person was not a list member!! So Frank, I am getting close to you in
>LBC's, you better go check out those three bugeyes to hold you reign as
>Sovereign of Spridget ownership ;^)  Later all,
>
>Brad (kinda sick but not too interested in a cure) Fornal

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A