Re: More 5 Speed junk

To: "Mike & Kerry Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>, "Gerard Chateauvieux" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, "rob thomas" <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>, "Jeff Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: More 5 Speed junk
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 20:14:55 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
According to Geoffrey Healey in 'More Healeys' the 5 speed "Like
the engine, the gearbox was developed by Eddie Maher and his team
at Morris Motors' engine branch at Coventry.  It was based on the
gears used in the MGB, in a special casing with the fifth speed
in a compartment behind the main box.  These boxes were strong,
reliable and a joy to use."

The only references I could find of actual use were in the later
Targa Florio cars, TFR6 and TFR7(which never competed).

Biff Jones
Pasadena, MD
'59 Bugeye, "Kermit'
'62 Sprite, 'Ole Gray'