[Fwd: toxic fumes?]

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: toxic fumes?]
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 07:55:35 -0500
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:30:19 -0500
From Daniel Thompson <dthompson at videotron.ca>
Subject: toxic fumes?
To: spridgets@autox.team.et

I am currently stripping a bodyshell that has several very thick layers
of paint and bondo and that grey "aluminum" type bondo on it. I have
found that the easiest way to do it is with a heat gun. I guess the
paint/bondo expands at a different rate than the metal underneath and
you can just "lift" it all off in chunks.

Since I am no longer as young and foolish (ie. stupid) as I used to be
here is my question: just how toxic are the fumes this stuff is giving
off when heated? I know I should be wearing a mask, but which type is
the best within a reasonable price range? Or should I abandon this
practice altogether?

Thanks,

Daniel (minus a few brain cells)