[Fwd: [Fwd: O.T. killer bees]]boundary="------------70BF12A86F

To: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: [Fwd: O.T. killer bees]]boundary="------------70BF12A86FBAE43D593EA378"
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:42:21 -0600
--------------70BF12A86FBAE43D593EA378

I got this off of the Roadster list and just had to share it with you
guys. I guess living upside down all the time has it's drawbacks <G>

--------------70BF12A86FBAE43D593EA378

Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:21:35 -0600
From Robert Rees <rrees at digitex.net>
To: toyman@digitex.net
Subject: [Fwd: O.T.           killer bees]
 boundary="------------12CA35BB1C78F24395A301F6"

Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:49:52 +1000
From Alan Bent <ajb at squirrel.com.au>
To: Dan and Louise Yates <yates@sk.sympatico.ca>
CC: roadsters list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: O.T.           killer bees

I just had a problem in my back yard with some "killer bees". These bees moved
into an old tree stump that is rotted out in the centre. I couldn't go anywhere
near my back yard due to the swarm out there. I did nothing about them, naively
thinking they might just go away, but then a couple of weeks ago I tried
dumping some bug killer into the tree stump and a bee bit me right in the
middle of my forehead (ouch!). That was it, no more mister nice guy, this
called for massive retaliation. At night all the bees had returned to the tree
stump, I made my move. I got a container with about a litre of petrol (or "gas"
as you mis-guided Americans insist on calling it ;-) and poured it down the
hole in the top of the tree stump. I then stood about 10 feet away from the
stump, lit a match, and threw it into the hole. At about this time I came to
the sudden realisation that I had dramatically under-estimated the explosive
force of one litre of fuel down a tree stump. What I was expecting was a small
bang and possibly a few flaming bees exiting the hole, what I actually got was
a massive explosion, the shock wave was enough to knock me off my feet, a
column of flame that looked like the after-burner on an F1-11 shot into the air
at least 20 feet high. One week later, the bruise on my backside is starting to
heal and I have regained hearing in my right ear, and guess what? No more bees!

Alan Bent  -  in sunny "bee-free" Queensland , Australia
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1965 Silvia CSP311
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310
1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310 - 1964 Cedric Wagon WP31
1963 Bluebird P312 -  1963 Bluebird P312
1963 Cedric P31 - 1964 Cedric Wagon 1964
1969 Super Six G130
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/3823/index.html