Re: 78 1500 Rough Engine Solved!

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: 78 1500 Rough Engine Solved!
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 12:10:28 -0400
Cc: Tomsaudi@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

> On my Midget, the PO had just replaced the wires witha new set of the
> *correct* wires from Moss.  They are CRAP!!!  I can't get them to stay on
> either.

So what else is new?
For plug wires, get a set of Chevy V8 wires (7mm) for about $12-$15, now
you have 2 complete sets for your MG and if you happen to have a couple
sets of spark plug ends, you have enough wires for 4 complete sets.
Caution, 8mm wires will not fit the screw lug style dizzy caps.

I have seen 4 cyl MG wire sets costing upwards of $30! Now they are not
even "original" as originals were Champion and/or Lucas England (not
Lucas india)

Lucas Bumble Bee wire would be "period correct" and is available from
suppliers who are on this list for about $1 per foot, 3 feet is more
then enough for an A series Spridget.

I never spent more then $5 on plug wires for a Sprite in my life.
On the other hand, my son spent over $100 for a 4 cyl VW set of plug
wires!
Marketing! If they cost alot, they must be better!
So maybe I'll sell my cracked A arms for big bucks.
They are very special because they are cracked.
They are even more special because they came off MY car.
Guaranteed for life (the life of the A arm)
Free shipping world wide.
$8,000.00 each.
--
Frank Clarici