Re: Concours values (was Re: '61 Sprite Value

To: "Mike Maclean" <macleans@earthlink.net>, "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Concours values (was Re: '61 Sprite Value
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 12:36:46 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>, "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Gary Speckman" <speckman@coredcs.com>
To all,

I don't know... this is all so relative. For $32,000 you can go out and buy
some piece of shit Taurus. The again, you can go out and by a ten year old
Miata for next to dirt these days... and that Miata's a hell of a car of
course Frank, the Japanese soul was lifted straight from the Brits...).

If you're in it for the love of the car, you should appreciate the fact
that the rest of the world isn't smart enough to realize the value of a
Sprite. If you're into Sprites because you hope to make money on turning
them, you've made a poor choice... much better ways to lose or make money.
The prices of these cars will grow gradually... yet will most likely still
be a relative bargain.

Intererstingly ... Garafalo's car was parked near "the Bishop" at the 1992
Breckenridge meet.
 (see http://www.thicko.com/bishop.htm  )
Both cars are Leaf Green. Concours judges went back and forth a number of
times to see the unmolested, unrestored condition of the Bishop as they
judges his car. I remember the seats in his car appeared to have a slightly
differnt pattern to the vinyl, and had way too much blue in them.
Neverless... it was a stunning car... and worth many dollars.

If I was selling... (and I never am...)$15,000 wouldn't even turn my head
for the Bishop.

WST
Flounder
Team Thicko