RE: 1 1/4 SUs, Ram Pipes, and K&N Filters

To: Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM, soupweed@hotmail.com, chuckc@attglobal.net, patrick.elliott@attws.com
Subject: RE: 1 1/4 SUs, Ram Pipes, and K&N Filters
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 11:54:56 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
See my last posting..
short tips give better gain at high RPM (better for racing)
Longer tips give better gain at lower RPM's (better for street)
Since I don't 'race ' I wanted to optimize my car for street driving, so I got
the longest ram pipes that would still allow enough clearance im my filter
housing, if I could have fit longer ones, I would have.
Basically keep in mind that you really need to evaluate how you will really be
using your car, and then make your mods according to your application. A full
race motor with every conceivable mode would be almost completely undrivable in
normal traffic, and would be a real waste of money. This is all covered in
Vizard's book.

 - Bryan