virginia international raceway

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: virginia international raceway
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 00:17:57 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
left thursday morning for the track and joy-o-joy after 10 hours found that
i had died and gone to race track heaven!  wow what a great place!  took
friday's lapping sessions at noon in my 1979 chevy van with (now)293,000
miles on it .  actually had it drifting in the oak tree turn!  scared the
....well you know what out of my friend and co - conspiritor jon who thought
this was a good idea to purchase the ticket to allow us to take the
"street"vehicle out at lunch time between practice sessions for a joy
ride/sight seeing tour of the newly reconstructed facility.  we ended up
alone on the track with not even corner workers out on course so i got a bit
carried away(there was no one out there to chastise us for what we were
doing!  we were only suposed to be going 35mph!!!, yeah right!)(coming down
the front straight we pegged the spedo of the land barge at 85)  it was
hilarious!!  lol!!!  it was so cool to throw around the big old nasty
domestic lust bus!  what a riot! (the sessions on saturday and sunday were
heavily attended and were very orderly, unlike friday).  we were there to
maintain a customer's 1962 morgan 4-4 race car for the weekend.   i ended up
working on some very interesting cars of other competitors.  it is now
12:56am monday morning.  just did the all day baking in the sun routine and
then 10 hour drive home(grab a shower) and check almost 300 emails before a
well deserved nap!    oh yeah our morgan?  ran strong all weekend .....third
lap of it's race had a flat left rear tire and had to retire off track and
was returned to us in the pitts via rollback....first off , thank god the
owner was not hurt!  secondly the car was not damaged!  and we will return
to play atthe next available opertunity to this fine facility.
if you are ever interested in seeing vintage cars at speed this facility is
a beautiful to take the family for a day of spectating, and possibly even
some discovery/insight into what it was like to go racing 20-30-40 years
ago(and see some spridgets really hash it out ).

chuck.
yawnnn....possibly next trip i will have my new play toy finished  and in
tow so i can get to play legitametly?  *sigh*  soon i hope.