Re: Reverse Gear Detente - Ribcase Question

To: Retters@aol.com
Subject: Re: Reverse Gear Detente - Ribcase Question
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 22:02:19 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Retters@aol.com wrote:

> I have a question for you transmission experts....

I do not claim to be an expert but I have made more then one working
ribcase out of a pile of them.
The detent balls are the worst. If you have one wrong (which is easy to
do) you get stuck gears. (been there, done that, got a tee shirt and
photo album)
I do have a blown up email-able picture of the detent balls from both
the Autopress book and Bentley manual. I have to warn you, they are
large files because if I shrink them, you can't see anything.
Let me know if you want them via email, they will clog you mail but I
can send them.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ