Reverse Gear Detente - Ribcase Question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Reverse Gear Detente - Ribcase Question
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 21:03:57 EDT
I have a question for you transmission experts....I just put a new (to me)
transmission in my Midget...had to mix and match some shifter pieces but it
shifts great and almost everything works correctly. The reverse detente works
the first time it is shifted after installation and then never again untill I
remove it and re-install it. When I start to back it out I hear a click which
seems to re-set it.

Shifts fine into reverse without the detente working but I would like to fix
it. Does anyone know exactly how the detente works and what might be hanging
up in mine?

Regards, Dave